Pages

Monday, February 10, 2014


 Broccoli Cheese Soup



One of my favorite lunches in the whole world is gone. Not gone as in the components were banned and burned by all the major countries, but noticeably absent from one of my favorite restaurants. Was it something terribly exciting? Not to most people, but I thought it was a most delightful lunch. It made all midday tummy grumbles disappear with a super well made turkey sandwich, seasoned fries and some broccoli cheese soup. As a ketchup and fry fan, I have to say that fries and cheesy soups were made to go together.

Well that is over. At least the sandwich part. As for now, I make the soup and fries at home. It takes no time at all to whip up this soup recipe and bake some frozen fries with season salt. The crispy fry dipped in the gooey soup. If your lucky, you can even get some of the cheese stuck to the fry. Broccoli cheese fries? Not the worst idea I have ever had. 

Regardless of what you dunk in this soup, it is really good! Some broccoli cheese soups are runny, boring or too thick. This soup has great cheese and broccoli flavor with a nice creaminess. You will love it!

Ingredients

10 Ounces Velveeta, cubbed
2 12 oz cans of evaporated milk (I used low fat)
2 large fresh broccoli crowns, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup
shredded cheese for the top


 As I was taking pictures for this, it seemed a little silly. This soup is so easy it's all really one step. Just throw everything in a pot over medium heat. Let the Velveeta melt and the broccoli soften. Once both of those things have been accomplished, you are ready for some deliciousness!



 The cheese on the top is optional, but I really love a good string of cheese with a cheesy soup!


No comments:

Post a Comment