Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014


 Ranch Egg Bake



 I love to cook, but sometimes the clean up afterwords is obnoxious. I was looking at a brunch recipe the other day and it used so many different bowls my eyes didn't even make it to the end of the directions. Any recipe that gets you in and out of the kitchen quickly has my attention. It's an extra bonus when there are very few dirty dishes. This one is perfect! It is spicy with tons of flavor and takes very little time to make. Try this out on a Saturday morning and you will love it!

Ingredients

4 medium potatoes
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1/2 cup salsa
6 eggs



Clean the potatoes very well. Then, chop them into bite sized pieces. Heat the oil in a large skillet that can go into the oven. Also, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
 

Place the potatoes in the heated pan and sprinkle over the taco seasoning. Let this cook over medium heat for about ten to fifteen minutes. Once the potatoes are a bit crisp on the outside, add in the salsa. I do this at around ten minutes.


Turn off the heat on the stove. I take a large spoon or spatula and make small valleys in the geography of the potatoes. Then, crack in the eggs. I like to do this in a nice pattern, but it is not important.


Bake the eggs for about ten to fifteen minutes or until the eggs are set to your liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment