Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014


 Pizza Dip



As a child of football fans I learned to love Sunday night "dinner." All the best finger foods you could think of were suddenly on the menu due to what was on the TV. It's a delightful combination. Entertainment and deliciousness all on the sofa. As an adult football fan I love the traditional foodball food, but it is hard to find new dips from time to time. There's always the standard nacho cheese and spinach artichoke dip, but sometimes a new one is needed. 

I found this delightful new recipe on Pinterest one afternoon. The ladies over at Six Sister's Stuff have some amazing creations, including this one.  My brain went into neanderthal mode. "I like pizza. I like dip. I will like this." And it was all true! Not only did I love this, but so did my fellow Bronco fans. I made this for a playoff game this year and the whole bowl was gone before half time. This certainly will be enjoyed during the super bowl this year!

Ingredients

1 8oz block of cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon garlic salt
8 oz marinara sauce
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
Italian Seasoning to taste
20 slices of pepperoni


Combine the sour cream, garlic salt and softened cream cheese in a small bowl. Make sure they are all room temperature and are blended well.
 

Squish this delightful dairy combination in the bottom of a small baking dish.
 

 Top that layer with the marinara sauce making sure it is even.


Sprinkle over the remaining cheese. I like to add shake or two of Italian Seasoning here.


The final layer is the pepperoni on top. I just like to layer it close together to make it pretty. You can add any pizza topping you like at this point, but make sure it is something that won't burn in the oven too quickly.
 

Bake this scrumptious dip at 350 degrees for about forty minutes or until the top is golden brown. This is delicious with pita chips, triscuits  or any cracker you like. I served this with some thin sliced magic bread and it was beyond perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment