Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013


 Creamsicle Poke Cake



There's something so nostalgic about a creamsicle. The flavor always reminds me of being a kid. I loved hearing the ice cream man coming to the neighborhood and scurrying to find any loose change in my room.  This cake has all the wonderful flavors of a creamsicle with a crazy moist cake along for the ride. I love poke cakes and how well they absorb all the moisture and flavor. This is one of my favorite desserts to make when I'm not sure what to bring, it's always a big hit!

 For this cake you will need:
1 yellow box cake mix and all the ingredients to make it
1 can of orange juice concentrate
2 small cans of sweetened condensed milk
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 small tub of whipped topping



Start by baking the cake according to the box's directions.  Or if you feel super ambitious, bake your own yellow cake.



 While the cake is baking, combine the melted orange juice concentrate, cans of milk, and vanilla together until very well combined.



While the cake is still warm, poke the cake with the end of a wooden spoon or spatula. It may look like a Texas Chainsaw cake murder scene, but no worries it's supposed to look this way.


Slowly pour the milk and orange juice mixture over the cake. It may take some time for it to soak in. I poke a few more holes in at this point to encourage the cake to drink in the creamsicle elixer. It's for its own good!


 Smooth the whipped topping over the top and refrigerate overnight.


 This is delicious alone or served alongside some vanilla ice cream. 
Enjoy!







1 comment:

  1. That is an awesome recipe! It was a big hit when I made it for our church potluck. I lost count of how many people asked for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete