Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013



 Chile Chops




My dad has taught me all kinds of important things: how to manage finances, how to sand and stain wood and most importantly how to make the best pork chops. I consider my dad a pork chop whisperer of sorts. It's like he can sense when the pork has just become not pink in the center but still so moist and juicy.

While I'm not as good as him, these are my favorite pork chops. They are spicy and super juicy. I like to serve these with Spanish Rice and a nice side of vegetables. This recipe is also a great way to shake up just ho hum pork chops.

You will need:
2 thin cut pork chops
2 teaspoons chile powder
1 teaspoon dried ground chile (you can use cayenne power if you can't find ground chile)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder








  Pat the chops dry with a paper towel, this will help them brown nicely.

 












Combine all the spices in a small bowl. Mix them really well.
















Pat the spice mixture on the chops. It will seem like a crazy amount of spices for each of the chop, but I slather both of them with all of it. If you want to use less, feel free to do so. 












 Brown them on both sides over medium heat until the center is just cooked.
















Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love pork recipes and this one is a keeper! I grew up in Iowa, where pork chops are so popular they serve them on a stick at the Iowa State Fair. Every politician running for office, stops by and gets his or her photo taken eating a pork chop on a stick.

    ReplyDelete