Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

 Sweet Potato Crumble Casserole




 Thanksgiving is almost here! It really is one of my favorite holidays. There's just something so warming about the smells and tastes of fall. One of my favorite parts of the Thanksgiving meal is the sweet potatoes. My family has quite a few different types of sweet potato dishes and all of them are delicious. This one is one I have been wanting to try for quite some time and it cam out very tasty.

I love the traditional marshmallow topped casserole, but I wanted to make a new twist on the same flavors. There has never been a streusel topping I haven't loved and this one was no exception.


 For this recipe you will need:
2 medium sweet potatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup butter, divided
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar, divided
3/4 cup flour



First, microwave the sweet potatoes for 5 minutes, or until they are very tender. Let them cook until they are easy to handle.




















Take the skins off of the sweet potato and mash them with 1/4 cup of the butter that has been melted. Add in the cinnamon, salt and pepper. I added about 1/2 teaspoon of each. Add the sugar now as well.










Pour the mixture into a greased casserole dish.








Combine the flour as well as the remaining butter and sugar.


Combine until it feels almost like sand. Then sprinkle it over the sweet potatoes.








Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. It should be heated through and browned on the top.



Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments: