Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Snickerdoodle Blondies


Is there anything better than a soft cookie? Sure, a million dollars and a yacht would be nice but soft cookies are a building block of everyday joy for the average joe. One of my best friends has a birthday this week and I wanted to send her an exciting version of her favorite cookie. I found this recipe on Pinterest but I have adapted it to make little squares of cinnamon smiles. 

For these tasty treats you will need:
1 1/3 cups of flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon, divivded
1 cup of brown sugar
1/ 2 cup of butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup of sugar





Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon in a bowl and set aside. 












Mix the softened butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla very well until fluffy. 












Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture until well combined. Don't over mix or the blondies will be tough. 


Spread half of the dough into a greased 9 x 9 pan.








Combine the 1/4 cup of sugar and remaining teaspoon of cinnamon.



Sprinkle evenly over the batter mixture.












Pat the rest of the batter on top. Then sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on the top of the blondies.













 Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until a cake tester comes out almost clean. The tops should be firm while the gooey inside hides below.



Cut these into squares and enjoy with a tall class of milk or coffee.


5 comments:

  1. Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookie! My Great Grandmother used to make them for me. Oh, the happy memories! I am adding this cookie bar to my Christmas baskets this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Snickerdoodle blondies are soooo good! I was impressed your ability to put some of my favorite things into one delicious bite! Thanks for the Birthday Treat! You are the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you ladies liked them! They are pretty easy to make as well. I hope they added to your happy birthday, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am so glad you liked it and I look forward to reading your comments!

    ReplyDelete