Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Jalapeno Popper Dip



 Football season is upon us! I like football, but I really love football food. This is a perfect dish to bring to any game. Jalapeno poppers are very tasty, but I think they are a bit tedious to take all the seeds out and fill with cream cheese. Plus, they are very rich and only a few will exceed my cream cheese limits. This dip has all the great flavors and its much easier to make.

I added pasilla peppers to the dip because I wanted a bigger pepper flavor without so much spice. You could easily use more jalapenos, poblanos, or just canned green chiles. If you can't find pasilla peppers, poblanos may be easier to get. 

To make these you will need:
2 pasilla peppers
1 to 3 jalapenos
1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup of sour cream
1 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper



 I sliced the pasilla peppers into strips and tossed them in oil and 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt. I tossed the jalapenos in there as well, but left them whole.



Roast these in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes until the peppers are soft and the skin is blistered.












While the peppers are roasting, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, pepper.






Chop the peppers into a small dice. This can be done by hand, or with a food processor. With the jalapenos, you can adjust how spicy you would like the dip by taking out the seeds and membranes. I added two jalapenos and left the seeds in and it was pretty spicy.





Bake the dip in a 350 degree oven until it bubbles in the center. This is great served with tortilla chips, crackers or cut veggies.

3 comments:

  1. yum! I love football food too. I am pinning all these recipes on my Pinterest! Love it!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kari! I hope you try this one out and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Stan would live this dip and by doing the pepper swap so will I! Great tip about the different peppers you can use. It makes this dip something everyone will love.

    ReplyDelete