Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Cheesy Fruit Dip

Fruit is delicious all on its own, but sometimes its nice to add a little something extra to it. This week I was invited to a baby shower and I brought this delicious fruit dip along with me. The dip has a creamy consistency and adds something special to any fruit tray.
For this dip you will need to following:
4 ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
4 ounces or 1/2 cup of riccota cheese
4 ounces of vanilla yogurt ( any flavor is fine)
 1/4 strawberry jam (or another you like)
1/4 teaspoon coconut or vanilla extract
Assorted fruits for dipping



Start by blending softened cream cheese and ricotta cheese in a bowl.



Microwave the jam for 20 to 30 seconds until comes to a thinner consistency. Add this to the cheeses.


 Add the 1/2 cup of yogurt. You can add any flavor you like. I just happened to have vanilla on hand and it works well with all fruits.

Add the coconut extract and blend very well. You can just use vanilla extract here, but I like the unique taste of the coconut.


Chill the dip for a few hours until it's firm and creamy. Serve this with any kind of fruit you like. This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of dip total.
Happy dipping!

4 comments:

  1. I am seldom surprised br a recipe, but I didn't expect the combination of ingredients that you have in this recipe. I am going to have to go and buy some coconut extract!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just popped over from Linda's blog, love your recipes and I will be back. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! I found the coconut extract was delicious on accident, but it works really nicely. Glad you enjoy the recipes, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never bought cocunut extract but it sounds delightful! Might be time for a trip to the store :-)

    ReplyDelete