Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli



I have to admit, the slow cooker and I are becoming pretty good friends. Typically I have to have my act together a little more to plan ahead for dinner, but it is well worth it. Especially if you get to have something as tasty as this.

Don't get me wrong, I am by no means browning hamburger before work with a smile on my face. However, I have made progress towards actually really liking the slow cooker. 

This recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal. It is literally a dump and dial turn recipe. The beef is really flavorful and the broccoli is crisp with a delicious sauce. You and your family will love this super easy and healthy dinner idea. 

Ingredients

2 pounds chuck roast, trimmed
1/3 cup stir fry sauce
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 Tablespoons siracha chili sauce
2-3 cloves of garlic crushed 
1/3 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2-3 crowns of broccoli 
4 cups of cooked rice

First, season the beef with salt and pepper on each side. Then dump in the stir fry and soy sauce, siracha, garlic and orange juice and mix well. Add the beef in and turn it over once to coat. Cook this on low for about 10 hours or 4 to 6 hours on high. You will know it is ready until the meat is tender and falls apart. 

30 minutes before serving, add in the sesame oil and broccoli pieces. 

Once the broccoli is crisp tender, serve over white rice.

I hope you and your family love this easy recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment