Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013



 Banana Nut Cake



 For a long time, I was opposed to the idea of a banana cake. There are just some things that bananas do not apply well to. Most candy, oxygen, refrigerators and other creepy flavorings that are banana like. I thought cake was one of those forbidden applications. I was wrong. I have seen a few different recipes online for varying types of banana cake and I thought I would give it a gamble. It was defiantly a good one! 

What really adds a special touch is the glaze. It has tons of really good vanilla flavor and mixes well with the cake. I also adore the saltiness that it adds to make it crazy delicious. This is also really good with a cream cheese frosting if you are needing to pipe some pretty designs onto the cake.

Ingredients

Cake
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1 – 3/4 cups sugar
2 tablespoons yogurt ( I used vanilla)
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla
 4 large ripe bananas 
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 – 1/2 cups of chopped nuts
 
Vanilla Glaze 
2 cups powdered sugar
1 to 2 tablespoons vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt



Combine the first six ingredients and mix them well. Make sure the bananas are smashed really well.  Add in the dry ingredients and beat this together just until combined. Make sure you don't over beat this as it will get tough.


Pour the batter into a greased 9X 13 pan and tap it gently on the counter top to remove any bubbles. 
 

Bake the cake for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until brown.
 

While the cake is cooling, mix together the glaze ingredients. It will look brown in color from the vanilla extract.


Once the cake has cooled completely, pour over the glaze. I like to save a little to pour over each top so it is extra drizzly. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment