Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chicken Chile Baked Potatoes



 " Is this going on the blog?" This is a question I get pretty frequently when I feed people. Typically, the answer is no. Many of the things I love are just really simple and in my opinion boring. Some of the stuff would make me feel like a phony putting it out there for people to read and acting like it is a recipe they would even need to write down. 

"This should go on the blog." My fiance says that about everything I make. Sometimes I want to make him something really terrible and see if he still makes the same remarks. I'm pretty sure he would. After some urging, I decided maybe he was right about this one. It is really, really good and you can have an amazing dinner in 15 minutes. 

Ingredients

4 potaotes, scrubbed very clean
2 to 3 cups of cooked chicken, cubed
1 cup of red chile sauce
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 cup of cheese

Start by baking the potatoes. If I have time I do love to do them in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour.  The skin is so crisp and tasty. However, time is not usually on my side so the microwave is my regular method.Just throw them in the microwave for about 8 minutes or until a fork comes out easily.
 


While your potatoes are getting themselves ready, heat up with chicken and sauce. Add in the garlic salt. I sometimes add a little cheese to this to make it extra tasty.Let this simmer for about 5 minutes until the chicken has absorbed the sauce.

When you are ready to serve, split the potatoes open and season them to your liking. Just salt and pepper is my favorite, but you could even add a little taco seasoning. Then pour the chicken and sauce over the potatoes. Sprinkle the top with cheese and serve with a nice veggie on the side. Not bad for 15 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. Tyler was right! This recipe needed to go on your blog!

    ReplyDelete