Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

 Green Chile Dip

 I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, I know I did! This time of year is so special since we get to spend it with close friends and family. This year has been very kind to me and I am so glad I have great people to celebrate with. One of my favorite things to celebrate with is this dip.

 It's so delicious! Living in New Mexico, I had a dip like this on a few occasions and now I love to make it all the time. It's perfect on it's own with some chips or you can put it in burritos, nachos and even quesadillas. Not only is it a great addition to having chips and salsa, it is super easy to make. Try it out for your next party!


Ingredients

1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon of oil
1 1/2 cups of chopped green chile
2 cups of plain sour cream
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper


 Pour the oil into a small saucepan and add in the garlic clove. Then turn the burner to a low heat. When you start this process in a cold pan, the oil infuses with the garlic flavor. Allow the garlic to cook over the lowest heat possible for one to two minutes. Make sure this is not browning too much on the outside, as it will have an overly toasty and bitter flavor.


 Once the garlic has cooked for a few minutes, add in the green chile. I used one small container of the Guerrero frozen green chile after has been thawed. I like the hot flavor since it gets cooled down a bit by the sour cream. If you prefer mild, use either the mild frozen chile or even the canned vareity if you want. 


 Cook the green chile for a few minutes along with the whole garlic clove. The type of chile I use is frozen fresh so it needs a little of the crunch taken off before it can be put with the dip. 


Once the green chile is no longer crunchy, let it cool off for a bit.  I take out the garlic clove and smash it with a fork into little bits.


Once the green chile and garlic mixture has cooled a bit, stir it into the sour cream. Then add in the salt and pepper. I like to let this sit for a few hours so all the flavors meld, but if you need it in a pinch it will be delicious as well. Serve this with tortilla chips or even pepper slices for a delightful appetizer for your next get together!

No comments:

Post a Comment