Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013


 Summer Peach Cake


 I walked into the grocery store the other day and I was overcome by a smell from the produce department. Overcome in a good way I mean. Peaches were not on my shopping list but the fragrance made it difficult to stop myself from dumping a whole barrel into my cart. In my head it seemed like a great idea to buy 15 peaches, they were on sale after all. Once I got them home and ate around 5 of them and I decided it would be wrong to have this many peaches and not make a scrumptious dessert out of them. I'm pretty sure this is what peaches dream of becoming when they grow up anyway. 

This is a fabulous dessert to make with any stone fruit. Peaches, plums, apricots are all perfect with this cake baked over the top. It's also a pretty dessert that people love despite the small amount of effort on your part. 

Ingredients

3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 vegetable oil
1 egg
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
 1 1/2 cups flour
3 medium sized peaches or 4 plums



Combine the sugar, milk, salt, oil and the egg well in a large bowl. 
 

 Add in the baking powder, salt, and flour. Mix this just until combined so the cake will stay tender. 


In a greased 9 inch cake pan arrange the peaches. If you like, you can peel your fruit but I am lazy and the peel doesn't bother me. If you don't have time to arrange them like this, they can just be thrown in however. 
 

Pour the cake batter over the fruit. and tap the pan a few times on the counter to get all the bubbles out. 
 

Bake the cake in a 350 degree oven until the top is browned and a cake tester comes out clean. This should take around 25 to 30 minutes. 


When you are ready to serve the cake, flip it over onto a plate to show the pretty arranged fruit. 
 

I like to serve this with a dollop of whipped cream and coffee. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment