Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013


 Apricot Mustard Chicken

 "I don't need to write that down, I'll just remember it." I say this frequently but it's not often true. I came across a scrumptious looking picture of a chicken dish and I wanted to make it. After not writing it down, the only things I really remembered about it were the Apricot Preserves and the mustard. 

Despite my not writing anything down, this came out deliciously! The chicken was tender, moist and oh so flavorful. This would also work well with pork or other cuts of chicken. If you are grilling, you could just take the Apricot sauce and baste the chicken on the grill. Either way you cook it, the sauce has a sticky and well developed flavor. Try this out soon!

Ingreidents

4 chicken breasts or thighs ( I used a combination)
2/3 cup of apricot preserves
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard



Start by slowly melting the preserves over low heat. Then add in the soy sauce and mustard. Stir this well. 


Brown the chicken on both sides, preferably in a pan that can go in the oven. Since I used a combination of breasts and thighs, I cooked the thighs for about 10 minutes longer here.


 Once the chicken has been browned on both sides, pour over the sauce. If you are not using an oven safe pan, transfer the chicken to a baking dish and then pour over the sauce. I like to turn the chicken over a few times to make sure it is well coated.

 

Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until the top is brown and the chicken's juices run clear. 


 Serve this over warm rice, pasta or at least with some good crusty bread to soak up all the sauce. This is a delicious chicken dinner idea!


1 comment:

  1. Stan has been on a pork kick and this would be a nice change to how we usually cook it.

    ReplyDelete