Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

 

Cheesy Pull Apart Bread



 Appetizers are something I always look forward to but I don't typically have a lot of recipes for. Sometimes a group of girls just need a little something to nibble on while they hang out and chat. This perfect for that very thing! Not to say that a group of men wouldn't like it for when they howl at the moon, because I'm pretty sure they would love it. I made this last week for some friends and it was gone in just a few minutes. It really is a super tasty combination of crusty garlic bread and cheesy goodness all in a fun to eat package.

 Ingredients

 1 large loaf of crusty bread (I used my Magic Bread Recipe)
8 oz cheddar cheese, sliced or shredded
1 tablespoon of butter, melted
1 teaspoon garlic powder




Let's talk about this bread business first. A French or Italian loaf would work great, just make sure it is a sturdy bread that won't fall apart. My Magic Bread Recipe is perfect for this No floppy white bread here!



Take the bread and slice almost all the through it in one direction. 


You want the slices deep enough to hide some yummy cheese, but not so deep that it falls apart. Leave about 1/8th inch on the bottom like this. 


 Cut slices in the opposite direction in the bread so it creates diamond shaped pieces. You could certainly do squares, but this looks really pretty. 


Go through each of the folds and sprinkle a bit of cheese. This is where sliced cheese is easier. I will say it seems like the cheese globs up and makes the bread greasy if the slices are too thick. And shredded cheese is bound to get on the outside and bake into the crust. How terrible is that?


 Once all the cheese has been placed into the slices of the bread, slather on the butter and sprinkle the garlic powder over the top. It adds a nice golden crust with an extra punch of flavor. 


Bake the bread for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and oozy. You and your family will love this bread transformation!

1 comment:

  1. I love any recipe that uses bread! I am afraid I won't be able to cut nice straight lines like you did.

    ReplyDelete