Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014


 Chicken Fajita Pasta

As of late I seem to have been plagued by a monster in my refrigerator. I go to make a delicious recipe I have been dreaming about all day and suddenly one of the ingredients is missing. It is terribly annoying. For instance, I was looking forward to making some delicious chicken fajitas for dinner one night. I mysteriously couldn't find a tortilla to save my life. Since I had of course chopped all the peppers and onions meticulously, and  had chicken ready to use I had to do something with them. 

 I created a quick sauce out of some tasty tomatoes and added plenty of cheese. A quick boil to some pasta and it was all ready. I have to say the monster in the refrigerator had helped me make a delicious plan b dinner. This chicken fajita pasta is super good with some cilantro and extra cheese on top. Try it out and you will love it!

Ingredients

1 tablespoon veggie oil
2 bell peppers, chopped
1 small onion, chopped 
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes, with juice
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 package of spaghetti noodles


 Before you start the sauce, boil a large pot of water for the pasta. When it is boiling, add the whole box and continue to boil until it is tender or about 8 to 10 minutes. 

Heat up the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the peppers and onions. When these have just softened a touch, add in the garlic and some salt and pepper to taste. 
 

After the garlic has cooked for about 30 seconds, add in the tomatoes. Let this simmer for just a few minutes. 


Add in the cooked chicken and turn the sauce down to low. I like to add in a bit of cayenne pepper, but it is totally optional. Green chile would be great in this, too!
 

By this point, the pasta should be done. Drain this and add it to the sauce. Add in about half of the cheese and stir, stir, stir. Allow all of this to cook together for about 5 more minutes. 


Serve this with the remaining cheese sprinkled over the top. 
 

This is an awesome weeknight dinner that you and your family will love. Try this out soon even if you don't have a monster in your refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment