Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

 Triple Chip Nut Clusters




"Ms. Little, you look kind of...bad." I have such sweet children, don't I? He was right, I did look terrible, but it was no where near the level of terrible I felt. Those of you who check this silly blog with some regularity probably noticed I have not posted in quite some time. The main culprit for my absence has not been a vacation in the Caribbean or shopping sprees lasting days. Instead it was super awful pneumonia. 

What started as a mild case of the yuck yucks ended up causing the most adorable hacking cough and super high fever that lasted for weeks. Despite my hatred of going to the doctor, it was needed. I am glad I did as it would have led to a few days in the hospital and eating green jello. No one likes that kind.

 There was one silver lining surrounding my moment of illness. I was still able to eat just fine. I'm pretty sure I know the cure to any sickness: chocolate! These are crazy good and fairly easy. Sorry there is not more pictures in the process, My kitchen was embarrassingly messy. You're a bright cook, I think you can figure out what spooning ooey gooey chocolate onto wax paper looks like.  I won't even tell if a few spoonfuls go missing.

Ingredients

3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup chopped almonds or pecans


First, just admire the chips. It's a bowl of beauty! These need to be melted and smooth. I do this in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds at a time and stir after each cooktime
. Stop before they are totally melted or the mixture will get grey, lumpy and gross.


Once the chips are mostly melted, add in the butter and the chopped almonds. I'm pretty sure I could do a fine job of swimming through this if I were a much, much smaller person.


 After the mixture has been tested for quality, spoon about two to three tablespoons of the mixture in mounds on wax paper. If you need these to be ready in a pinch, throw them on a sheet pan into the freezer. They will harden in no time!


No comments:

Post a Comment