Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013


 Thai Coconut Chicken and Noodles

 So there I was. In the prepared soup isle. It was a wee bit overwhelming to me. It is not a place I visit often. From what I hear on the daytime talk shows, it is this isle that causes sudden death from bad nutrition. I had never bought Ramen Noodles before. No really. Not even in college. It's not that I had never eaten or enjoyed them before. I didn;t even know what package they came in or how many you had to buy. Naturally, I bought the 12 pack and got out of the store ans quickly as I could.

I really like Thai food, but I was a little unsure of how to begin making it at home. The secret ingredient that makes it super easy is Thai Curry Paste. There are a few different types, but I really like the red curry. If you have never had curry before, this is a mild and easy way to try it while you get to adjust the spice level. This recipe is a mild to medium heat level. Spice scaredy cats will enjoy this one too!

 Ingredients

1 Tbs vegetable oil
1 oz Red Thai Curry Paste (half of a 1 ounce jar)
1 large can of coconut milk 
2 packages of Ramen Noodles 
4 cups of water
1/2 bag of frozen bell peppers
1 cup of cooked chicken, diced
red pepper flakes (optional)
Cilantro and limes for garnish (optional)


Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Then add in the curry paste. Let this caramelize for a few minutes.



 Add in the coconut milk. Make extra sure you are not using coconut creme. Check the ingredients to make sure there isn't any sugar or anything extra in the coconut milk. Add in 4 cups of water.


Break up the two bricks of noodles and cook them in the soup until they are tender. Add in both seasoning packets as well as the cooked chicken. 


 Add in the peppers and cook until they are tender. Taste the soup and adjust it to your liking. I added a few red pepper flakes, cilantro and a squeeze of lime.


Enjoy!









1 comment:

  1. I love soup recipes! I will have to make this one when Stan is out of town. He is not a fan of curry. :(

    ReplyDelete