Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012


 Favorite Banana Nut Bread


 I frequently hear and read about how people don't eat their bananas quickly enough to enjoy them while they are still good. This rarely happens to me. I just like my bananas how I like my people: freckled. So for me having enough old bananas to make banana bread is a rare treat. Fortunately, my nice boyfriend and his roommate buy a lot of bananas and never eat them. That's how this recipe has been made over and over again. It's funny how much more lovable banana nut bread is than the actual fruit. This is my favorite banana bread recipe from Just Get off Your Butt and Bake. It's just so stinkin' good. The recipe is also very simple and never fails.

For the recipe you will need:
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1 – 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
4 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla
 4 large ripe bananas 
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 – 1/2 cups of chopped nuts







 First, combine the oil, sugar mashed bananas, eggs, milk, and vanilla until this is well combined.









 Then add the baking soda, flour and chopped nuts. I used pecans for this recipe, but you could use any you have on hand. I like to mix the nuts with flour in order to prevent them from sinking to the bottom. Jonna suggests you use about 1/4 cup of extra flour if you do not add in nuts, but I have never had any trouble with it turning out differently. 






Stir, stir, stir...just until combined. You will make the bread tough if it's over mixed.










Pout the batter into two greased loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. 
















Yumm...this recipe will get you that delicious sticky top and moist inside. 









I usually keep this in the refrigerator so it will stay perfect for about a week. You can find the original posting at: http://www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com/?p=2741



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to have to talk to that boyfriend of yours. Bananas are good for you! Maybe he was just trying to trick you into making this delicious banana bread recipe. LOL

    ReplyDelete